- FAQs »
- Metal building cost per square foot
- Competitive pricing
- Complex projects
- Standing seam roof systems
- AISC certified
- Whirlwind Steel plant locations
- Metal building architectural panels
- Panel warranty
- Metal building paint system
- Standard steel building features
- Single source manufacturer
- Metal Building Manufacturer's Association member
How much per square foot does a metal building cost?
Metal building cost per square foot generally decrease as the building square footage increases. In addition, the complexity of the building (i.e. second floors, cranes, mansards, etc.) and the addition of accessories (i.e. doors, windows, ventilators, etc.) can increase the square foot cost significantly. For a quote, call your Whirlwind representative and discuss your specific requirements.
Is Whirlwind's price competitive with other companies?
Whirlwind has been a price competitive factor in the metal building industry for more than 45 years. Our goal is to provide the highest quality products at the lowest possible price. While no company is low on every quote, Whirlwind's follow up service reduces costs on every project.
Can Whirlwind handle complex projects?
Our designs come from an in-house staff of engineers, they can handle the most complex projects, and assist you with creative and cost-effective ways to design your project while still maintaining the focus of your original concept.
Does Whirlwind have a standing seam roof system?
We manufacture three standing seam roof panels.
- Super Seam-II
- Super Seam-Plus
- Weather Lok-16
Is Whirlwind AISC Certified?
Yes, Whirlwind's Houston, Georgia, and Oklahoma plants have been certified by the American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC) for Category MB, Metal Building Systems as set forth in the AISC Quality Certification Program every year since 1994.
Where are Whirlwind's plants?
- Lithia Springs, GA
- Claremore, OK
- Freeport, MN
Does Whirlwind offer architectural panels?
- Accent-11 Panel is a 24 gauge, 1" deep x 11" coverage, flat faced, concealed fastener panel used for fascias, soffits and liners. Several Kynar 500® stocked colors are available.
- Shadow Wall-18 panel is a 24 gauge, 3" deep x 18" coverage, flush-faced, recessed rib, concealed fastener wall panel. Seven Kynar 500® stocked colors are available
What is the standard panel warranty offered?
All roof and wall panels sold by Whirlwind as part of a complete metal building system offer a 10-year warranty. Additional warranties are also available. Contact your sales representative for complete warranty information.
What paint system is used on Whirlwind Panels?
Whirlwind uses state-of-the-art Akzo Nobel paint systems, offering a variety of warranties and ENERGY STAR®-approved colors. 35 and 40 year warranties available.
What are some of Whirlwind's standard building features?
- Welded clips on primary framing.
- First girt at 3'-9.
- Pre-Galvanized base angle.
- 40-year warrantied panel paint systems over GALVALUME® 20-year warrantied substrate.
- Super Span X roof panel (PBR).
- Tape sealant at all roof laps.
- Gutters and downspouts.
- All fasteners painted to match panels and trim.
- Underwriters Laboratories® UL 580, Class 90 Uplift rating on roofs.
Is Whirlwind a single source manufacturer?
Yes. Whirlwind manufactures the primary and structural framing, panels and trim for its metal building systems.
Is Whirlwind a member of the Metal Building Manufacturer's Association?
Yes, since 1986.